One of the many new features for the 2011 General Motors Duramax 6.6L turbo Diesel engines are that they are compatible with B-20 biodiesel. The B-20 biodiesel is an alternative fuel that blends 80 percent conventional diesel, and 20-percent biodiesel. This blend of diesel reduces carbon dioxide emissions, and lowers reliance on the need for petroleum. In addition, the Duramax 6.6L turbo diesel is compliant with all new emission control standards now in effect in 2011.
This V-8 diesel is ideal for one-ton trucks, or vans, for either transporting passengers, or hauling. If the engine is in a vehicle with a long-wheelbase it produces 9,900 pounds of GVWR, a 9,700 pound towing rating, and a GCWR of 17,000 pounds. The engine, recognized by its special “LGH” code, improved its fuel efficiency by 11 percent has a rating of 260 horsepower, and its 525 pounds-per-foot of torque gives it a dynamic capacity for towing. Keeping in line with concerns about pollution control, the engineering in this turbo decreased NOx emissions by up to 63 percent.
The 6.6L Duramax turbo proudly proclaims other features that will make it a diesel legend:
• A new design that gives increased strength to its pistons.
• To improve emission performance, engineering found a way to insure a more precise way of
delivering fuel. The engine has a 30,000-psi (2000 bar) piezo-actuated fuel injection system,
which also works with ASTM grade B-20 diesel fuel.
• The oil film thickness improved, when engineering altered main bearing profiles.
• To provide more support for pistons, engineering altered the pin ends on connecting rods.
• By increasing the flow of the oil pump, the engine now has more pressure at low speeds.
• A new design for the turbocharger’s oil circuit increased turbo pressure, allowing oil delivery at a
The 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel has many more features waiting to impress you. However, to realize how these features will benefit you, we suggest you call us at 1-866-320-1065. You will speak to a live trained and competent staff person who will answer each and every question you may have, including a free price quote and data to Buy Chevrolet Express Van 6.6 Duramax Turbo Diesel Engines.
At Gotengines.com, our goal is to provide, you, our customer, with the best service we possibly can, both in providing the pertinent information you desire, to procuring for you a new 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel.
We thank you and look forward to your call.