If you are looking for a GM 4.8L V8 engine for sale, congratulations, we pride ourselves on selling you the right engine the first time and have it delivered ASAP. We save you money in a variety of ways. First, it’s important to know that Chevy, General Motors made 2 different V8 4.8 liter motors. Both were very popular engines and live up to the small block Chevy reputation. While we have both General Motors or Chevy V8 4.8 liter engines for sale, we are dealing with two entirely different generations of Chevy V8 engines.
The first V8 4.8 liter engine is a generation lll engine made from 1997 to 2007. The RPO [regular production order] name is LR4, a 4.8 liter V8 engine. The smallest Gen. lll Vortec truck engines, used in the following applications;
• 1999 & 2002-2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500
• 1999-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
The LY2 is a generation lV engine made from 2005 to present, it has the same internal dimensions as the LR4, we know it as the Vortec 4800. It does not use VVT [variable valve timing] or AFM [active fuel management as all of the other Gen lV engines do. Used in the following applications;
• 2007-present Chevrolet Silverado 1500
• 2007-present Chevrolet Tahoe
• 2007-present GMC Sierra 1500
• 2007-present GMC Yukon
Offering three choices to replace your damaged engine with is another benefit for our customers. Having several quality choices to choose from gives our customers more options. The three options in replacement engines for both generations of 4.8L V8 GM engines are;
1. Rebuilt; Rebuilt engines are fully disassembled and cleaned. Then every part is fully inspected and replaced if not perfect. The rings, pistons, bearings, timing belts or gears, oil pump at a minimum are replaced on all rebuilt engines. All replacement parts are premium grade and any necessary machine work is performed before reassembly. Our rebuilt engines are unparalleled in quality.
2. Used engines; Used engines with low mileage make a terrific choice. Used engines with low mileage save money, plain and simple. Many people find the cost of a used engine fits their budget while providing true value. Depending on the year of your vehicle some of our used engines have 40,000 miles or less on them. For the price, most people think it’s our best value.
3. Remanufactured Crate Engines; For the customers who insist on the absolute best replacement engine, a remanufactured crate engine is the ultimate choice. Most commercial work trucks use remanufactured crate engines for obvious reasons; reliability, arriving on the job on time, continuous operation for extended periods and long maintenance intervals. And the non commercial car owners who simply want the ultimate in reliability and peace of mind.
Call GotEngines.com now and speak with a qualified sales representative. Allow us to council you on how to decide if rebuilt engines, used engines or crate engines, suits your best interests.Call GotEngines.com now.