Ford’s 2007 5.4L SOHC 3V Triton V8 Engine delivers the goods. The engines are equipped with an electronic Charge Motion Control Valve (CMCV) system that provides increased charge motion at low engine speeds for improved emissions and low-rpm torque., plus state-of-the-art electronic engine controls, efficient aluminum heads and durable cast-iron block. The result is more of the outstanding power and greater efficiency you can rely on.
The current vehicles using these Ford engines include:
Vehicles equipped with the 24-valve SOHC VCT 4.6 L include the following:
* 2005–2009 Ford Mustang, 300 hp (224 kW) and 320 lb·ft (433 N·m)
* 2006–present Ford Explorer, 292 hp (218 kW) and 300 lb·ft (407 N·m)
* 2007–present Ford Explorer Sport Trac, 292 hp (218 kW) and 300 lb·ft (407 N·m)
* 2009 Ford F-150 Series, 292 hp (218 kW) and 320 lb·ft (433 N·m)
* 2010 Ford Mustang, 315 hp (235 kW) and 325 lb·ft (440 N·m)
The 5.4L 3 valve SOHC engine is one of Ford’s “Modular Engines” a new generation
of engines first introduced in 1999. New features include:
1. Single Overhead Camshaft design with a roller finger follower
to reduce friction, increase RPM potential and eliminate main‐
2. Cast iron, deep skirted cylinder block
3. Aluminum Alloy Cylinder Heads with extra long head bolts to
reduce distortion of the cylinder bores and improve sealing.
4. The engine features variable cam timing allowing the valve to
open or close earlier or later as needed for optimal performance.
This is not the average truck engine. It is suited for high performance applications since it comes in some of Fords hottest cars. What is so unique about is that it is well suited for light truck applications. This engine has such nice manners that Ford decided to install these engines in the F-150 line of pickups, making them the fastest light trucks on the road.
Your vehicle is a big responsibility, you probably know exactly what is under your hood if you have a 3 valve 5.4L engine. If you are looking for replacement engines for sale, buy a rebuilt engine with pure value built into it at the plant. What is most remarkable about our these engines is that they are completely remanufactured with a 3 year, 100k parts and labor warranty. Also, these include shipping to any business address in the continental US. Call us @ 1-866-320-1065. GotEngines.com.